About Me

My photo
Red Bluff, CA, United States
The life of us: a single mother and her 5 resilient, awe-inspiring children. Currently a part-time waitress and full-time nursing student with the simple hopes of retaining my sanity, or at least enough of it, in order to seek employment upon graduating. In the meantime I hope to encourage, love, teach, and in the end release each of my children into the world as independent thinkers, selfless Christians, hard-working contributors, and appreciative life seekers. Herein lies bits of that journey.

Wednesday, April 23, 2008

"Mmmmmm, tate!!"

So Dion crawled into bed with me this morning and snuggled up in front of me. Both of us on our side, her back to me, she shoved her butt into my stomach until she was nice and ontop of me practically. It was still early but I had to be getting up. I figured I'd lay there till she fell back asleep so I could get ready without her yapping my ear off. After a few minutes I felt her breathing heavy again so I attempted to slide out of bed. She stirred. I said, "I have to get up, Dion. It's time to get ready." She's says (with her eyes still shut) "I'm starbing." Mind you she's a little mini-extremist, don't know where she got that from :P, so she's never hungry; she's either starving or not starving. If I offer her something for a snack she'll say, "No tanks. I'm not starbing." lol. Anyhow, I say, "Well, come on then and get up. I'll get you something." She grins. I'm thinking.. okay, she's still asleep or something. Nope. She's Dion. She says, with her eyes still shut and now smiling, "Tan you bing me thom tate?" I laughed. "Uhmmm, how about no, Dion. You're not having cake for breakfast. Nice try though." Mind you her birthday celebration was Sunday and we've had leftover cake, so ever since then she's either been starving for cake or not starving for cake. So she rolls over, eyes STILL shut, STILL grining, she flings her arm over my mouth.. yes! her little forearm covering my mouth completely, and she says, "Shhh Mom. Jus do id. You tan bing me thom tate, Mom, you tan. Mmmmmm, tate!!!" I died laughing. "Get your arm off my mouth! And I'm not bringing you ANYTHING in MY bed let alone CAKE! Wake your little dreaming butt up!!" I told her. I got up out of bed. She giggled and rolled back over and said, "Fine den. I'm doing bact to seep." Toooooo funny that girl is. Cracks me up 24/7.
Here's her and Savannah's cakes from Sunday:

p.s.~ She's in speech therapy twice a week now. One of her sounds that she can't make, if you couldn't tell, is the "k" sound. "t" replaces "c" and "k" for most words. But she's getting better! She's such a hard worker at it. Personally, I adore her lisp and little speech impediment.

No comments: