About Me

My photo
Red Bluff, CA, United States
The life of us: a single mother and her 5 resilient, awe-inspiring children. Currently a part-time waitress and full-time nursing student with the simple hopes of retaining my sanity, or at least enough of it, in order to seek employment upon graduating. In the meantime I hope to encourage, love, teach, and in the end release each of my children into the world as independent thinkers, selfless Christians, hard-working contributors, and appreciative life seekers. Herein lies bits of that journey.

Tuesday, May 5, 2009

Savannah, The Entreprenuer

"The human race has one really effective weapon, and that is laughter." -Mark Twain

Man I wish I carried a voice recorder with me all the time. These kids of mine, I tell ya, are just too funny! This last weekend we went to Reno and the drive there and back gave the rest of the trip a run for it's money on fun! I'm constantly amazed by how quickly the kids are growing up, even more so when it comes to conversations. Simply put, they are brilliant and hysterical. There were a million and one things that were said that I busted up laughing at that I could kick myself for not remembering. In retrospect, I can't believe I paid $43.50 for a ticket to a comedy show in which I only laughed a fraction of the times I laughed during the drive.

I have a rule, actually I have many, many, many rules - ask the kids, lol. But one of my rules is that the kids are not allowed to call each other names. Shane and I were talking up front and I heard Lacey and Dion begin to argue over something. Now don't be alarmed, I was listening to Shane; but I'm a mother, it's in our job description to be able to multitask and one of THE most important multi-tasking subjects is having four sets of ears. At any rate, I knew it was coming and sure enough Lacey says, "MOM!! Dion is being annooooooooyyying!!" (Yes, it was said JUST LIKE THAT! lol). So then here comes Dion's 2 cents, "Well Mom!!! She's having a sassy mouth!!!" Notice, they said they are "being" or "having", not they ARE! But Dion's accusation really rubbed Lacey the wrong way. So while Shane and I are in the front rolling our eyes at each other over the ridiculousness of the girls' drama, Lacey decides she's going to risk it and get one up on Dion. So, somewhat quietly, I'm assuming in an attempt to prevent me from hearing, she says to Dion, "Well you ARE sassy!!" Oh noooooo!!

So I'm listening, and driving, and glancing in the rear view mirror waiting to see how this is going to play out. And to my surprise I noticed a vague smile come over Savannah's face?!?!? Savannah had been quietly sitting in the third row minding her own business, also probably rolling her eyes over the quarrel taking place in the middle seat. And without missing a beat Savannah pipes up, "Well, Lacey, you can call me sassy....................


..... FOR FIIIIIIIIVE BUCKS!!!!"

Lacey and Dion both stopped dead in their tracks and looked back at Savannah, who then said, "And for $1,000 bucks you could even call me a brat!!!!"

We all died laughing! I suppose Savannah got tired of the conflict and inserted her own peacekeeping tactic. It worked better than anything I was preparing to do. :)

family Pictures, Images and Photos

No comments: