About Me

My photo
Red Bluff, CA, United States
The life of us: a single mother and her 5 resilient, awe-inspiring children. Currently a part-time waitress and full-time nursing student with the simple hopes of retaining my sanity, or at least enough of it, in order to seek employment upon graduating. In the meantime I hope to encourage, love, teach, and in the end release each of my children into the world as independent thinkers, selfless Christians, hard-working contributors, and appreciative life seekers. Herein lies bits of that journey.

Friday, June 15, 2007

A Break!

Hello!

Well last weekend I had my 10-year high school reunion. Wow! I can't believe I am that old. lol. I unfortunately took on a large portion of the planning and setting up, so I was a little stressed about the whole weekend. It went well though, overall. I am not speaking to my life-long friend, Chelsey (Wilson). We have been friends since Kindergarten. A long time, I know. We have had our offs and ons throughout the years. I started having kids when she was off in college being a partying sororiety girl. Then she wasn't the most supportive when Mike and I were going through all of our stuff a few years back. Well, I shouldn't say not supportive - it was just in more of a judgemental and opinionated way than I needed at the time. Basically, we have had our falling outs but have managed to fall back "in" eventually. I don't know if that will happen this time though. Anyway, the point of the story was that needless to say Chelsey was at the reunion. It was kinda akward. Plus everyone remembered us being pretty best friends all through childhood and the fact that we didn't even look in each other's direction and went out of our way to not be in the same group pictures was a little obvious. Kinda childish, I know, but life nonetheless. Saturday night we had an "adult" catered dinner at a friends house. 26/33 classmates were able to show up so that was a pretty good turn-out for a 10-year reunion. Then on Sunday we all met at the park for a BBQ and stuff. Everyone brought their kids and friends and family were invited as well so it was really nice. Here are a couple pics.

This is the Los Molinos High School Graduating Class of 1997 10-year reunion pic (well most of us).
This is a picture of me with a couple girlfriends. Actually, friends since grammar school- Rachel and Missy.
This is a picture of some of the graduate's kids at the park on Sunday. I have the oldest! And the most! lol. Also, I had been enrolled in Statistics and Anatomy for the Summer semester. I have decided to drop both of those classes. The bottom line is that summer courses are basically condensed semesters. So they are essentially cramming 24-27 weeks worth of work into anywhere between 5-9 weeks. My statistics class was only 5 weeks, which meant I was going to be having 2 hours worth of homework every day and an exam every other day for the next 5 weeks... while all five of my kids are home! NOT going to happen. lol. I want to enjoy the summer with the kids. They grow up too quickly. And I could tell I was going to just be stressed. So it'll set me back a semester. It'll be worth it!!

Well, I have housework and such (BUT NO HOMEWORK!!! YAY!). I will catch ya on the flip side.

~me~

No comments: