About Me

My photo
Red Bluff, CA, United States
The life of us: a single mother and her 5 resilient, awe-inspiring children. Currently a part-time waitress and full-time nursing student with the simple hopes of retaining my sanity, or at least enough of it, in order to seek employment upon graduating. In the meantime I hope to encourage, love, teach, and in the end release each of my children into the world as independent thinkers, selfless Christians, hard-working contributors, and appreciative life seekers. Herein lies bits of that journey.

Saturday, December 1, 2007

Discovered a great show, I think.

Okay, so I'm in a good mood and am really finding much of everything quite easily amusing this morning. Tell you something you didn't already assume as much from me, right? Shush. :)

So I was at Blockbuster last night letting Shane and his friend that was staying over get a couple Playstation games, because you know the small fortune that I've invested in the stacks of games I've already bought just don't cut it when there is a friend over.... noooooo, we have to go and spend half of what my car costs to rent new video games. So anyway, I was walking around the store talking on my phone (surprise, surprise) and I came across these wall pictures that Blockbuster has for sale in there. There were a row of ones from the tv show, The Office. Anyone watch that? Well I don't. I mean, I've seen bits and pieces of it a few times or saw a commercial for it while watching Dr. Phil or something. (which, that is a lie because I don't even know what channel The Office is on but Dr. Phil is really the only show that I might make time to watch if I know it's going to be a good one... so I just connected the dots. Don't correct me if I'm wrong. ;) Anywayyyyy... so I was reading them to this guy that I was talking to, probably making an ass outta myself, okay - you can stop with the what's new thing, and I was dying laughing. But, because I have absolutely NO ability to retain things of such a useless, albeit hysterical, nature I've forgotten what the posters said. I could call the guy and ask him if he rememebers what they were but he likely doesn't and I don't want to force him to have to admit to not paying attention to my pointless, random rants. Soooo... all that to get to this point... I was Googling quotes from The Office trying to find the one that I thought was so funny... and I haven't found it yet because I got distracted by me laughing so hard... but I have found some other ones. Thought maybe you'd enjoy, and if you don't... fake it! Here they are:

Michael (reading Dwight's complaint): "This morning, I knocked myself in the head with the phone."
Jim: That actually took awhile. I had to put uh more and more nickels into his handset, til he got used to the weight, and then I just … took them all out.

Ok, so that one you have to visualize... think of someone that really annoys you and then picture all the time invested in adding coins to the earpiece of their phone paying off when you take the coins out and they answer the phone next and slam it into their temple. lol. And no, people don't put the phone up to their temple but temple or forehead is funnier than slaming it into their ear... really. Okay, now reread the quote. It's funnier. Trust me.

Dwight Schrute: Okay, first, let's go over some parameters. How many people can I fire?
Michael Scott: Uh, none: you're picking a healthcare plan.
Dwight Schrute: Okay we'll table that for now...

lol. That would probably be me if I were a boss. How many people can I fire when I am supposed to be picking a healthcare plan? lmfao. And I watched a clip online so if you have ever seen the show you'll know how dry and mundane these people are, which makes it even funnier.

Jan: Michael, it has nothing to with your looks, okay? It's your– it's your personality. I mean you're obnoxious, and rude, and, and, and… stupid. And… you do have coffee breath, by the way. And, and, I don't agree about the B.O., but you are very, very inconsiderate.
Michael Scott: So, my looks don't have anything to do with it?
Jan: [sighs] Oh God.

Wouldn't it be great to be able to be brutally honest like that? I'd feel much better. They wouldn't. But how is that releveant really? lol. KIDDING!

Okay, so I've a ton more but I bet half of you are already phoning the Emergency Crisis Center hotline to see if the local looney bin has an avaliable bed. Save yourself some time... they don't.. I checked. What? I needed a vacation! But seriously, it's Red Bluf... they don't. ;)

Lots more stuff to write about... but I got all of my bins of Christmas decorations out this morning and I've no chitlins running around so I am going to exercise my cleaning and organzing and decorating OCD a bit.

Hope this finds you all having a great weekend!!!

xo ~me~

No comments: