About Me

My photo
Red Bluff, CA, United States
The life of us: a single mother and her 5 resilient, awe-inspiring children. Currently a part-time waitress and full-time nursing student with the simple hopes of retaining my sanity, or at least enough of it, in order to seek employment upon graduating. In the meantime I hope to encourage, love, teach, and in the end release each of my children into the world as independent thinkers, selfless Christians, hard-working contributors, and appreciative life seekers. Herein lies bits of that journey.

Thursday, December 18, 2008

Hit me with your "Pet Shop"!!

Ok, so I'm sitting here putting up pics and the movie 'Bring It On Again' that Dion was watching ends.  While they are rolling the credits the song 'Hit Me With Your Best Shot' comes on.  Dion's on the couch brushing her hair waiting for me to curl it (she's going through a stage, lol) and I hear her singing... 

'Won't you hit me with your Pet Shop!!  Oh oh oh oh oh oh...  Oh yeahahaheaeaeaea...'

So, I ask her... 'What are you singing, Dion?' trying not to die laughing.  She says, 'Hit me with your Pet Shop.'  I'm like, 'Uhm, ok... but what does that mean?'  She looks at me, confused for a second... I suppose wondering if I'm serious, cause she says, 'Uhm, Mom... it means you take a Pet Shop and you hit someone with it.'  'Well why would you do that?' I asked about to burst at the seams trying not to laugh.  'I don't know... I didn't write the song, I'm just singing it.' she says, condescendingly, as she's walking away.

Omgosh that child.  lol.  She is good for my endorphins.  lol. 

No comments: