About Me

My photo
Red Bluff, CA, United States
The life of us: a single mother and her 5 resilient, awe-inspiring children. Currently a part-time waitress and full-time nursing student with the simple hopes of retaining my sanity, or at least enough of it, in order to seek employment upon graduating. In the meantime I hope to encourage, love, teach, and in the end release each of my children into the world as independent thinkers, selfless Christians, hard-working contributors, and appreciative life seekers. Herein lies bits of that journey.

Tuesday, December 2, 2008

Instantly heart-broken, instantly...


So I'm sitting here shopping online and the kids are busy telling me what they want for Christmas.  Savannah just came up and grabbed my shoulder (with her Funyun chip covered hands) and said all excitedly with her eyebrows near her hairline... 
"Do you know what I want for Christmas, Mom!?!??!?"  

I say (fully expecting it to be something from whatever commercial was just on 15 seconds ago), "What, Hun?".  

...
...
...
"A DAD!!!" she says...
...
...
...
...

I'll be under my rock if anyone is looking for me.

Peace out.

No comments: