About Me

My photo
Red Bluff, CA, United States
The life of us: a single mother and her 5 resilient, awe-inspiring children. Currently a part-time waitress and full-time nursing student with the simple hopes of retaining my sanity, or at least enough of it, in order to seek employment upon graduating. In the meantime I hope to encourage, love, teach, and in the end release each of my children into the world as independent thinkers, selfless Christians, hard-working contributors, and appreciative life seekers. Herein lies bits of that journey.

Thursday, March 25, 2010

Oh the joys of T-ball!

So Dion started t-ball practice last week. Despite her hearing her older sister, Lacey, whine and complain about not wanting to play major league girls softball, Dion was quite excited about it. Not about hitting or throwing or being on a team, but about her pink and white polka-dotted glove my mom found her, lol. She spent a good half hour before her first practice color coordinating her outfit and applying lipgloss. Now mind you this half hour does NOT include the 20 minutes it took her to plug in the curling iron and sit and watch it diligently until the red light turned green indicating it was hot enough to yell, from the bathroom, "Moooooooom!!! It's ready!! Come fix my hair please!!!!". So finally we're off to practice. I'm sitting on the sidelines watching her (of course she's the best one out there, lol). So her coach puts her on short stop and the second kid up hits a grounder right for her. I'm thinkin', "cool, she's got this". That is until I follow the balls path toward Dion, and then past Dion, because she's got her pink mit covering her face and is walking toward the coach on the pitchers mound saying, "I come in peace!". lol!! I didn't even bother hollering at her like I would have any of the older kids, even had I yelled for her to get the ball, at this point she didn't even have any idea that the ball was in her vicinity. The coach is laughing, pats her on the head, and tells her to go over to the dugout and put her mit down and grab a helmet so she can bat next. A couple minutes later she comes out of the dugout with, whatddya know, a pink helmet. And dragging along side of her in her right hand is, yes, you guessed it, a pink bat. lol. So she smackes the ball and makes it to first base. And while she's on first base I notice her casually chatting it up with the first baseman. My guess is they were NOT talking about her race to 2nd base after the kid that was up made contact. The following situation is a good indication that their conversation was more along the lines of how many ladybugs the first baseman had found nearby: the little boy hits the ball and starts running toward first base. Instead of taking off to 2nd base Dion, bless her little heart, scoots over on the base and with her right foot situated on the corner of the bag, makes room for her teammate to chill on first base with her!! lol. Despite this season seeming like it's going to be a fairly long one, I have an inkling that it's going to be quite amusing.

No comments: