About Me

My photo
Red Bluff, CA, United States
The life of us: a single mother and her 5 resilient, awe-inspiring children. Currently a part-time waitress and full-time nursing student with the simple hopes of retaining my sanity, or at least enough of it, in order to seek employment upon graduating. In the meantime I hope to encourage, love, teach, and in the end release each of my children into the world as independent thinkers, selfless Christians, hard-working contributors, and appreciative life seekers. Herein lies bits of that journey.

Wednesday, September 24, 2008

Little spitfire, she is.

I'm sure most of you who know me personally know exactly who I'm talking about by the subject matter alone. Yes, that'd be Miss Dion Marie. ;) She is 4 1/2 now going on a very sarcastic 12. Even worse for me is how incredible smart and quick she is. I'd like to go ahead and take credit for it... so I will. :) Anyway, recently we met someone and they say the word 'Dude' incessantly. Even though I'm slightly annoyed by it, we got used to it and unfortunately Dion actually began saying it from time to time. Anyway, there are probably a dozen times a day that I think to sit down and share a story with you guys about how entertaining she is. But it'd really be a full time job and by the time I come to sit down I've usually forgotten what it was. Anyway, on with the story...

So I'm in the kitchen loading the dishwasher and I hear the blinds on the patio door banging around. Not being able to see over the counter top I say, "Whoever's messing with the blinds needs to stop please." It's quiet for a second. Then I can see the blinds moving again. I move down the counter top so I can see over it and there's Dion, her back to me, messing with one of the slats on the blinds. I said, a bit more stern, "Dion, stop touching those please." She slams her hands down at her sides and says, in a VERY condescending voice, "I'm fixing dem, Dude! Stop lelling at me. Geesh!" (yelling, but she still has a speech inpediment at times despite 4 months of speech therapy.) I'm kinda speechless for a second at this point because she's kinda right. lol. So I say, "Ok, well thank-you. Next time just tell me that." She comes around the corner, comes up to me, and smacks me on the butt and say, "Otay Dude. I'll do dat den. Tate a chill pill, Dude." No, I'm not kidding you. That is PRECISELY how it went down.

OH MY GOSH WHAT AM I GOING TO DO WITH HER!?!??! lol.

No comments: